Junior Publication Designer
Company: Erickson Living
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Erickson Senior Living, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is
a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses
in 11 states-and growing. Erickson Senior Living develops and
manages senior living communities and health services across the
country. We achieve industry-leading results in customer
satisfaction, driving high occupancy, and positive health
Erickson Senior Living is looking for everyday heroes who want
to make a real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to
take your career to new heights, join us. In addition to a
rewarding career, you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards
package that includes a competitive salary, an impressive package
of health and dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours,
tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution,
opportunities for career growth and advancement, and much more!
The Junior Publication Designer works closely with the
Publication Design Manager to create layouts for the Erickson
Senior Living Tribune, Erickson Senior Living's marketing
publication, that engage and educate readers with senior-focused
content. This position entails the ability to successfully manage
ongoing assignments, prioritize deadlines, and meet the demands in
a fast-paced environment.
How you will make an impact:
- Design layouts for community editions of the Tribune, including
editing photos and creating graphics and photo illustrations.
- Work closely with the Publication Design Manager to develop and
refine design ideas that engage and educate prospects.
- Leverage available software and color-correction techniques to
create consistent imagery in layouts and assist with creating
high-resolution PDFs for the commercial printer.
- Select and present engaging images from available sources to be
used in print and online.
- Help develop and manage the freelance photography program by
identifying and communicating photography needs.
- Manage, and maintain a searchable Tribune PDF and photography
archive in our digital asset management system, Bynder.
- Organize supplied ads on our file server, and place into page
layouts to maximize visibility.
- Meet regularly with Publication Design Manager to review
layouts, critique design choices, and plan for future efficiencies
in, and enhancements to, the Tribune process.
- Develop partnerships with peers (strategy, design, pre-press,
copy, print buying) to ensure a collaborative process on the
- Stay current with both publication design trends and senior
living industry trends and share that learning with the Tribune
- Assist with other assignments and special projects as
What we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal
development for our greatest asset, our employees.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our
values, vision and mission.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all
employees over 18 years of age
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, 401K and concierge
employee health and wellness programs.
- PTO and volunteer hours
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field strongly
desired, Associates degree required.
- Two or more years of experience required.
- Knowledge of and expertise in a wide variety of graphic design
software, such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, for both Mac
and PC-based systems.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities
are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Erickson Living, Columbia , Junior Publication Designer, Other , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!